A TVG Roadmap
Welcome to The Vikings Gazette! We’re excited that you’ve decided to take a few minutes for us. In this article, you’ll find some information to help explain the site, as well as some information to clarify what readers can expect from TVG.
For starters, we should explain that our vision at TVG is to provide thoughtful, entertaining coverage of the Minnesota Vikings. If you’re interested in this sort of thing (and believe that we’ll deliver on this vision), then you’ve come to the right spot.
Before the season, we will be offering some discussion of the coaching staff, management, roster, and salary cap (among other topics). Here are few examples of some article topics you can look forward to:
- A Featured Article
- A Gameday Goods Recipe
- Around the North Preview
- Salary Cap Analysis
- Free Agent Fits
- Roster Predictions
- NFL Power Ranking
- Vikings Quizzes
- Vikings Polls
During the season, you can expect three kinds of content: scheduled monthly, scheduled weekly, and unscheduled. We’ll address the three categories below:
1) Scheduled Monthly: Our scheduled monthly content consists of the Featured Article and the Gameday Goods Article.
- The Featured Article is a longer, more robust consideration of an important topic pertaining to the Vikings. The Featured Article will likely respond to the current state of the Vikings as the season unfolds. Our opening Featured Article, “A Winning Contract for Dalvin Cook and the Minnesota Vikings,” can be found here.
- The Gameday Goods Article is a recipe for a delicious meal. The only thing better than enjoying a Vikings win is enjoying a Vikings win with delicious food. Our opening Gameday Goods Article – “Slow Cooker Ribs” – can be found here.
2) Scheduled Weekly: Our scheduled weekly articles, as the name suggests, are the ones you can expect every week.
- Our Unsung Hero series focuses on one player whose contributions were generally overlooked but who made a positive difference for the Vikings, regardless of the outcome.
- Our Three Keys series will be published the day before the game. In these articles, we will consider the three central matchups that (in our humble opinion) will be most responsible for determining the outcome of the game.
- The Purple Poetry series will be a lighthearted arena for our resident poet to reflect on the win, loss, or tie. Be sure to look for the Loss Lament or Victory Verse when the time arrives.
3) Unscheduled: When inspiration hits us, we will write and publish an unscheduled article. These works may be in response to information gleaned from a press conference, an unexpected development for the team (such as a trade, player being released, coach being fired, etc.), or any number of other possibilities.
Otherwise, we invite you to look through the site on your own. Of course, if you have any questions about our Roadmap or anything else pertaining to TVG, please don’t hesitate to be in touch. We guarantee a response within forty-eight hours.