Terms & Privacy
Last Update: May, 2021.
Welcome to vikingsgazette.com (the “Site”)
The Site provides fan generated content related to the Minnesota Vikings football team. It is not an official publication of the Minnesota Vikings, NFL, or NFLPA. The Site reflects the opinions of the creators and contributors only. It does not bind or represent the Minnesota Vikings, NFL, or NFLPA and is not to be relied on for any specific purpose. The Site is for recreational purposes only and is free of charge.
USE OF THE SITE
You agree to use the Site only for lawful purposes and specifically agree not to do any of the following:
- upload to or transmit content on the Site that is misleading, defamatory, indecent, obscene, harassing, violent or otherwise objectionable material, or any material that is, or may be, protected by copyright, without permission from the copyright owner;
- use the Site to violate the legal rights of others or to violate the laws of any jurisdiction;
- reproduce, alter, or manipulate create derivative works of, publicly display or perform, republish, store, transmit or distribute any of the material on the Site;
- upload to or transmit on the Site any advertisements or solicitations of business;
- restrict or inhibit use of the Site by others;
- upload or otherwise transmit files that contain a virus or corrupted data;
- collect information about others (including e-mail addresses) without their consent;
- download a file or software or include in a message any software, files or links that You know, or have reason to believe, cannot be distributed legally over the Site or that You have a contractual obligation to keep confidential (notwithstanding its availability on the Site);
- post “spam,” transmit chain letters or engage in other similar activities; or
- engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone’s use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by Us, may harm Us or users of the Site or expose them to liability.
Any content on the Site, other than the content provided by Us, are solely the opinions and responsibility of the person or entity submitting them and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Us. You understand and acknowledge that You are responsible for whatever content You submit, and You, not Us, have full responsibility for such content, including its legality, reliability and appropriateness. By uploading or otherwise transmitting material to any area of the Site, You warrant that the material is Your own or is in the public domain or otherwise free of proprietary or other restrictions and that You have the right to post it to the Site. You grant to Us the right to use all content You upload or otherwise transmit to the Site in any manner We choose, including, but not limited, to copying, displaying, performing or publishing it in any format whatsoever, modifying it, incorporating it into other material or making a derivative work based on it.
We reserve the right, but does not assume any responsibility, to (1) remove any material posted on the Site which We, in Our sole discretion, deem inconsistent with the foregoing commitments, including any material We have been notified of, or has reason to believe, constitutes a copyright infringement; and (2) terminate any user’s access to all or part of the Site. However, We can neither review all material before it is posted on the Site nor ensure prompt removal of objectionable material after it has been posted. Accordingly, We assumes no liability for any action or inaction regarding transmissions, communications or content provided by third parties. We reserve the right to take any action it deems necessary to protect the personal safety of users of the Site and the public; however, We have no liability or responsibility to anyone for performance or non performance of the activities described in this paragraph. Your failure to comply with these provisions may result in the termination of Your access to the Site and expose You to civil and/or criminal liability.
The contents of the Site (including all information, software, text, displays, images, logos and audio) and the design, selection and arrangement thereof, are proprietary to Us and are protected by Canadian and international laws regarding copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets and other proprietary rights. You are authorized only to use the content on the Site for personal use. Neither the title nor any intellectual property rights to any information or material in the Site are transferred to You, but remain with Us. Our logo and all related names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans are trademarks that belong to Us. You may not use such marks without the prior Our written permission. All other names, brands and marks are used for identification purposes only and may be the trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
DEALINGS WITH OTHERS
We do not endorse the products or services of third-parties shown on the Site whether in a posting, podcast, or advertisement, and do not recommend that You have any contact with any third party You may encounter through using the Site. If You choose to correspond, participate in a promotion or engage in transactions with any third party found on or through the Site, We are not a party to, and will not be responsible for, Your interaction with such third party including its treatment of Your information and the terms and conditions applicable to any transaction between You and the third party The terms of Your interaction with any third party are solely between You and such third party. You agree that We will have no responsibility or liability for any loss or damage of any kind that You may suffer as the result of any such interaction or the presence of such merchants on the Site. You agree that You will not sue US for any reason whatsoever arising out of or related to Your interactions or dealings with such merchants.
OUR DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY
We do not assume any liability for the materials, information and opinions provided on, or available through, the Site (the “Site Content”). Reliance on the Site Content is solely at Your own risk.
We disclaim any liability for injury or damages resulting from the use of any Site Content. YOU AGREE THAT YOU WILL NOT SUE US FOR ANY SUCH INJURY OR DAMAGES. THE SITE, THE SITE CONTENT AND THE PRODUCTS AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITH ALL FAULTS.
WE NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH US MAKE ANY WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION TO YOU WITH RESPECT TO THE QUALITY, ACCURACY, OR AVAILABILITY OF THE SITE. SPECIFICALLY, BUT WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE NOR ANYONE ASSOCIATED WITH US WARRANTS OR REPRESENTS THAT THE SITE, THE SITE CONTENT PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, ERROR-FREE OR UNINTERRUPTED; THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; THAT THE SITE IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS; OR THAT THE SITE WILL OTHERWISE MEET YOUR NEEDS OR EXPECTATIONS.
WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR ANYONE AFFILIATED WITH US BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, THE SITE CONTENT, ANY SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THE SITE OR ANY LINKED SITE, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, LOST PROFITS OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM DELAY, INTERRUPTION IN SERVICE, VIRUSES, DELETION OF FILES OR ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, OR ERRORS, OMISSIONS OR OTHER INACCURACIES IN THE SITE OR THE SITE CONTENT, WHETHER OR NOT THERE IS NEGLIGENCE BY US AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGES.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD US AND ANYONE AFFILIATED WITH US HARMLESS FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL LIABILITIES, EXPENSES, DAMAGES AND COSTS, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEY’S FEES, ARISING FROM ANY VIOLATION BY YOU OF THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES OR INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM THE SITE OR UPLOADED BY YOU TO THE SITE.
PRIVACY; PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
LINKS TO OTHER SITES; REFERENCES TO THIRD PARTIES
The Site may contain links to other web sites on the Internet. We are not responsible for and do not endorse the content, products, services or practices of any third-party web sites, including, without limitation, sites framed within the Site or third-party advertisements, and do not make any representations regarding their quality, content or accuracy. Your use of third-party web sites is at Your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such web sites.
DATA WE GATHER
If You sign up for a User Account, You voluntarily give us certain personal data including Your name, e-mail address, address, postal code, age and phone number. Use of the Site may involve access to Your location through Your mobile device. In addition, when You visit the Site or contact Us, We may collect certain information about Your activity on the Site, as described below under the heading “Cookies and Log Files”. We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit the Site or when You access the Site by or through a mobile device.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA
We use the Personal Data:
· To learn more about You and Your product preferences by looking at the IP address of Your computer and Your activity on the Site (among other things)
· To promote services related to the Site
· To prevent, investigate, or prosecute activity We think may be unlawful or harmful
- Any other purpose referenced herein or therein.
The Site does not address anyone who is a minor. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone who is a minor. If You are a parent or guardian and You are aware that Your child has provided Us with Personal Data, please contact Us. If We become aware that We have collected Personal Data from anyone under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, then We will take steps to remove that information from the Site. If We need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing Personal Data and Your country requires consent from a parent, then We may require Your parent’s consent before We collect and use that information.
We may be required to disclose Your Personal Data by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency) or to:
· Protect and defend Our rights or property
· Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Site
· Protect the personal safety of users of the Site or the public
· Protect against legal liability
· Security of Your Personal Data
LOCATION AND PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
Personal Data will be collected, processed, stored and used by Us and may be passed to and processed by other companies under Our instruction. Your Personal Data may be processed and/or stored outside of Canada. If Your Personal Data is transferred outside of Canada, it may be available to the foreign government of the country in which the data or entity controlling it is situated under a lawful order made in that country and used for purposes other than those described herein. By providing Us with Personal Data, You may be allowing Your Personal Data to be transferred outside of Canada. We may use a third-party analytics provider to gather statistics on web traffic, Site usage and information on User behavior. Such third-party may utilize Personal Data collected to track and examine Site use, to prepare reports on the Site’s activities and share them with other service providers. We may also use an advertising retargeting company, that enables Us to present You with retargeting advertising on other websites based on Your previous interaction with the Site. If the Site allows for user interaction with social media networks and other external Sites directly from the Site, then the interaction and information obtained is subject to the terms and conditions and privacy policies of such third-party Sites.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
COOKIES AND LOG FILES
LINKS AND THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
CONTROL, REVIEW, CORRECTION AND REMOVAL OF PERSONAL DATA
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of Your Personal Data.
- You can object to processing of Your Personal Data, ask us to restrict processing of Your Personal Data or request portability of your Personal Data.
- If We have collected and processed Your Personal Data with Your consent, then You can withdraw Your consent at any time. Withdrawing Your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to Your withdrawal, nor will it affect the processing of Your Personal Data conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about Our collection and use of Your Personal Data.